musings and mumblings

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Just got back from the Holidays part 1!!

But it wasn't everything I expected it to be. Well, of course you can't have it all, even if it IS the Holidays. But looking back on how I spent it, the late night-early morning out with friends are so worth it. Being at home, laying around, eating good food and being with family and friends for me is the best way to spend vacations such as that one.

So for a bit of a recap, here's how the Holidays went down, ZeeZee style:

CHRISTMAS

December 23 - Well, since this was a Saturday, I asked to take a half day off of work earlier. I then went with two of my bestfriends and my brother to a local mall to do some last minute shopping for shoes and clothes. I bought a really cute pair of "OPEN TOED" shoes (gosh, I am such a sucker for Katharine, really) and knee length pants to go with it. Oh, I haven't told you that we did all the shopping with a really naughty one-year old baby boy (my friend's kid), so it was a bit of a trip, since the tyke was moving around and we had to keep him entertained too. After the shopping trip, we went to attend the last Misa de Gallo mass. Suffice it enough to say it was a tiring day. :)

December 24 - The day before Christmas. Of course, I slept in late, I woke up at around 10-1030 a.m. I laid down my outfit for the night; bootcut, green, corduroy pants, black top, and the open toed shoes. I also bought the day before a really chunky gold and white necklace to go with the top. I went out with my buds to go around biking, and we found this really nice hut away from most of the nearby villages and we just spent time talking and catching up. After that, I went home and watched TV with my parents. Later in the night, we went to the anticipated Mass for Christmas day. Afterwards, we went home and enjoyed a little food to celebrate the birth of the Lord's Only Son. After this, I went out and stayed with friends until 3:30 a.m.

December 25 - Having slept at around 4 a.m. earlier, I woke up at 10 a.m. I wasn't able to get more sleep during the day because I had people coming over. I was a sluggish girl that day, but it's all good. An old friend from college came over with her kid, we talked and catched up, some other friends came over too.

That's Christmas, I'll be back for my recap of how I spent the New Year's. Now that's more fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home